Main Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, June 26, 2014


My God, what I could say about Lara that has not already been said. It would have to be my very personal relationship with her. No, not be confused. I really do not know her personally but I would be very happy if I could. My personal relationship since I met her searching on YouTube and I was absolutely in love. Actually I was searching for new videos of Jacques Brel, an incredible monster of the francophone song, which I hope in the future to write a post.

I found an audio of a very beautiful old French song called "Je suis malade", that sang a stranger to me. Initially I thought it was Jacques Brel but investigating I realized he was Sergei Lama. He was the composer of this beautiful song and also the singer. A poor voice but a high quality composition. I thought: Serge composed the song but his voice does not give the true value to the composition. Will someone else be interpreted?

I started searching for the name of the song and landed on Lara Fabian version. Wao, where was hiding this goddess? This beautiful woman, the beauty of her voice, her commitment to the interpretation. Her ability to speak and sing perfectly in several languages impressed me.

Lara Fabian was born on January 9, 1970 (born Lara Sophie Crokaert Katy) in the Belgian town of Etterbeek (Brussels), from Belgian father and Sicilian mother. Her name comes from the song of the movie "Dr. Zhivago." She lived his first five years in Catania, learning Italian as a first language, before returning to Brussels and started primary school at the College of Forest, "Institut Sainte Ursule." Lara began singing, dancing and taking piano lessons at an early age and began formal music studies at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels at age 8 years, where she studied for 10 years.

From the age of five she started singing. Accompanied by her musician father, former guitarist and vocalist of Petula Clark, she began her career at age 14 in Brussels. A few years later, she entered a number of European competitions and won several awards.

Here are some of their performances:

"Je suis malade", the song written by Serge Lama and through which I came to her was sung by Lara in January 1995 at the request of Serge Lama, on stage at Le Palais des Congrès de Paris.



"Quédate" was the second single in Spanish, in 1999. Has quickly climbed the charts, especially in Brazil, where the song was the love theme from the main couple in the soap opera "Uga Uga".



Lara was a guest artist on the show "Hitman and Friends" in Canada on October 15, 1998, where she performed her hit "Caruso", receiving a standing ovation from the audience.



In 1999, her single "Adagio" reached #5 on the charts in France and #3 on the charts in Belgium.



In 2002 in her concert Nue (Naked) she plays "Je t'aime" (I love you) where the audience sang the song. This video makes my skin. She cries in interpretation. Lara, I love you too. With this I close this little blurb about the great Lara Fabian. Hoping you have enjoyed it.