Main Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, June 13, 2014


Sony proudly presented the new Sony Alpha 77 II Camera. The Sony Alpha 77 II is a camera with type A mount and autofocus with phases detection of 79 points, 15 of them in cross according to Sony. It features translucent mirror technology to offer intelligent fast tracking of autofocus and gusts of up to 12 fps and 60 images at full resolution.

A friend was showing me the specs with lots of photos. Well, I never had the chance to put my hands on them. On the specs, of course, imagine you when he has the equipment with him. Retro, Satan, do not touch my camera. He is a professional photographer and I am just a dummy in these matters. I recorded his speech and then I made this summary of what I understood more or less. He was so excited that I guess the camera must be a great device.

The equipment brings an Exmor CMOS image sensor with 24.3 megapixel and a high sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600. It has XGA OLED Tru-Finder and LCD tilt in three directions with rugged magnesium body resistant to dust and moisture. It has a X BIONZ processor for professional quality images and Full HD 50p video, NFC/Wi-Fi connectivity and one-touch remote control via a mobile phone.

Also new, my friend explained to me, is the Eye autofocus, which accurately detects and focuses on the subject's eyes when photographing people. This seemed to me indispensable. Photos without people is like orchestra without a singer. You can brook just a little. People are the spice of life.

The AF range control permits to limit the range to a specific AF, with five values of duration of the follow AF to best match subject movement. The Sony Alpha 77 II can capture a continuous burst of up to 60 JPEG at full resolution with continuous shooting speed of 12 frames per second (in Continuous Priority AE advanced mode). Includes a Extra Fine LCD 3-inches (7.5 cm) screen capable of moving in three dimensions.

The White-Magic technology significantly improves screen visibility even in outdoors with direct sunlight. The Alpha 77 II can record Full HD movies 60p and 24p, its incorporated Wifi permits one-touch connections to share pictures easily with Xperia, Android NFC compatible smartphones, tablets and the Sony VAIO. The equipment has 32 objectives with Type-A mount.

The jewel of the crown for lovers of photography and high-tech devices. The price is about $ 1,200. Nothing that can break your pocket if you really love photography. When one is passionate about something is very easy to spend much more than that to satisfy the dark desires of that uncontrollable passion.

It is not available yet but you can order it with an estimated ship date of 06-25-2014, according to Sony. More information in Sony Online Store. In Amazon you get a price a little bit better. I prefer Amazon, they are more committed if you have any problem. A more experience store with independent reviews. But the camera is so new that there is not any review yet. I have not decided yet if I'm going to buy one of them for me. Thinking is too much camera for my poor knowledge of this pure art. What about you?